Tips for Making Your Website More Engaging
The following has been extracted, in substantial part, from the Entrepreneur Article linked below.
Your website is often the first interface of your company that a potential customer encounters. This makes it very important that you integrate devices to make it easy for visitors to interact with your company so that you can later follow up and turn them into sales leads.
One technique is to plant some calls to action on your site. The Oxford Dictionary of Marketing defines a call to action as “an advertising phrase that attracts buyers or users to take immediate and explicit action. It is designed to be a single focused command to a potential customer, usually with an incentive to buy within a defined time frame.”
The following are some ways to integrate calls to action on your website that will net visitors’ email addresses and help you generate more leads. Plus, your company website can be tweaked to make it easier for visitors to find your company’s contact information and be in touch.
1. Invite visitors to click a button and subscribe to your blog. Offer consumers a subscription to the company’s blog after they fill out a form or send an email with their address. As a result, they will receive a notification each time your blog adds a new post. This will serve to help to draw those users back to your blog multiple times. This is a terrific way to capture the email addresses of people who could become marketing or sales leads.
You can also extend an offer to site visitors for hem to request special communications such as newsletters after they write with their email address. Just be certain to tell them exactly what they will receive in exchange for furnishing their email address. There is no need to try to trick anyone into providing an email address; be 100 percent transparent.
2. Ask visitors to request a free offer. Entice visitors to your site by asking them to write the company or click on a button to request a downloadable guide or packet of information of interest. This also allows you to collect their contact information. The free offer you’d provide should be something appropriate to your industry or business. You could dispense ebooks, insider information, how-to guides or even research and studies.
3. Invite consumers to fill out a form to request a special savings offer. Tell website readers that they can visit a certain area of your website to receive special savings or coupon codes for your company’s products or services. Make the discount code accessible only after visitors furnish their information. If the savings is enticing enough, it will result in a lot of sales and/or marketing leads. In turn, those leads often come to fruition at a later date.
Further, once you have the relevant information regarding those site visitors, you can then market to them and eventually realize revenues as a result. In addition, you should realize, rather quickly, that some sales leads captured in this manner will soon become customers, because the offer was appealing enough. In that connection, you would be well-advised to visit this site, “These Website Mistakes Are Costing You Money”.
To avoid irritating your site visitors, it would be prudent to assure that site visitors can easily reach your company via e-mail, phone and US Postal mail. Further, your website can incorporate the following devices to encourage visitors to more easily be in touch with your company:
4. Provide an easy to find contact page. Design a contact page that’s visible and accessible from every page of your website. Many businesses make it nearly impossible to locate a contact page on their websites. The information is often found on a page hidden inside a submerged menu page or incorporated in very small text at the bottom of the site’s home page.
5. Offer live chat. Even if your website prominently displays a contact phone number, a large percentage of visitors may resort to using the email contact form instead of picking up the phone. A live chat interface, though, will give consumers answers right away, even if they don’t use the phone. (Sometimes, potential customers become discouraged if an answer isn’t immediately available.)
Many live chat programs can be structured so that users must first provide a name and email address before sending a question to a chat representative. Popular chat programs can be integrated with most major instant-messaging platforms, making it simple to delegate the chat operator duty to a receptionist or a sales department staffer.
The author of the above article is an Entrepreneur contributor.
For Your Free One Hour Website and/or Enterprise Systems Consultation Contact Cornerstone | 813-321-1300
Thinking about making your business run better than your competitors? We’d like to hear your ideas concerning how you’d like to re-imagine how well your operations could run with streamlined, integrated, state-of-the-art, cutting-edge software and technology. We’re excited to discuss how your small or medium enterprise (SME) can not only run better but also out-smart your competitors. Call us today!
Top Value Added SAP Business One ERP Reseller | SAP Gold Level Partner | Cornerstone Consulting
Why do so many growing Manufacturing, Online Retail and/or Wholesale Distribution businesses located in FL, as well as companies located through out the U.S., rely on Cornerstone for enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, related services and technical support? As an award-winning Top Value Added Reseller and SAP Gold Partner, simply stated, our expertise is superior. Cornerstone Consulting has been providing state-of-the-art business software systems, as well as related technical support, to small and mid-sized manufacturing and wholesale distribution enterprises for more than thirty years.
Cornerstone Consulting’s areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- SAP Business One
- SAP HANA
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Analytics
- Bar codes and Scanning
- Cloud Computing
- Custom Programming
- Strategic Marketing
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Web Development
If you’re interested in working with an advanced technology consulting, web development, and IT firm specializing in business automation and optimization, you have found your dream team. You can rely on Cornerstone to provide outstanding software products, related services and technical support for all areas of your small or medium sized business, such as: financial accounting, operations, customer relationship management, sales, inventory control and tracking, warehouse management, e-commerce, and more. Cornerstone’s highly-skilled programmers, trainers and consultants specialize in providing our Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, and Online Retail clients with optimal business process configuration, integration and automation.
For SAP Business One Discounts and/or Special Offers Contact Cornerstone Consulting | 813-321-1300