„„Flexibility Within SAP Business One Pricing
When you create a marketing document, the system brings in the price list associated with the business partner to the header of the document. You can see the assigned price list in the Form Settings window for the document. You can override the assigned price list in the document either by changing it directly or by changing the payment terms. If you change the payment terms, the system will prompt you to ask if you want to change the price list or not.
Price Source in Documents
As you enter items in the document, the system proposes a price for each item based on the price list or any discounts or special prices you have defined.
A document can contain prices not only from the price list, but also from other types of special pricing such as: period and volume discounts, discount groups and special prices for business partners, it is useful to be able to identify the source of the price.
„ The price source field provides information on the source of prices and discounts on the item row. The field can contain one of the following values:
- Inactive Price list. This indicates that the price list for the business partner is inactive.
- Active Price List. This means that the price is taken from the business partner price list, with no discounts.
- Active Price List, Discount Groups. In this case, the price is taken from the discount group associated with the business partner.
- Special Prices for Business Partners. This means that the price is taken from the Special Prices for Business Partners window.
- Period and Volume Discount. This shows that the price is taken from the Period and Volume Discounts window„
Please Note: This field can be especially useful to check if everything is working properly when you first set up pricing. To view the price source field, set it as visible and active in Form Settings.
Price Determination Within SAP Business One
When you create a marketing document you can define several prices in the system for the same item. the system needs to use a certain logic to find the valid price, starting with the most specific price.„ The system uses priorities to find the valid price. Once it has found the price, it enters the result in the document.„
1. The system looks for a business partner and item specific special price. If none exists, then it looks for a discount group associated with that business partner.
„ 2. If no discount group exists, then it looks for period and volume discounts for the selected price list. Then it looks for a period and volume discount. The system looks to see if the item and unit of measure specified in the row match the period and volume discount for the price list.
3. If no valid period and volume discount for this price list exists for this item and unit of measure, then it uses the basic price list assigned to the document.„ If a specific price exists for the unit of measure in the document, then that price will be used. However, the price list does not need to contain an entry for the specific unit of measure used in the document. A price will be automatically calculated for the item based on the relationships in the unit of measure group.
Why is SAP Business One an Amazing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Application for The Manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution Industries?
SAP Business One SAP’s best selling ERP system. It is the fastest selling ERP solution on the market for these reasons:
1. It is simple to use. Please see the SAP Business One iTour
2. It is affordable. Professional (super) users approx. $3,000. Limited (financial, logistics, CRM) users approx. $1,500
3. Built by the world leaders in ERP, SAP, on the latest software and technology platform. Can be run on iPads and iPhones
SAP Business One is a fully integrated business management system which includes functionality around financials, sales, purchasing, distribution, HR and customer relationship management (CRM). In short, all the functionality you expect from a larger enterprise system, but substantially less to purchase and much faster to implement ““ a low risk option for your growing manufacturing, wholesale distribution or online retail business.
SAP’s best selling ERP for small and midsize businesses (SMB and SME) can be installed and run on your on-premise server or in a cloud. The database options are MS SQL and SAP HANA (for querying data at lightning fast speeds). MS SQL is a traditional database. SAP HANA is an in memory database.
As a singular data system, right “out of the box” the software offers completely integrated:
- Sales Opportunity Management
- Order Entry
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Partner (Customer/Vendor) Management
- Production Entry
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Service Management
- HR Management
- Crystal Reports Reporting Engine
- Dashboard and Analytics Displays
If you are researching enterprise resource planning business management software systems, and would like more information about the fastest selling ERP program on the market, Cornerstone Consulting specializes in:
- SAP Business One
- SAP HANA in memory database
- Electronic and Mobile Commerce
- Enterprise Mobility
- Bar codes and Scanning
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Custom Programming
- Web Development
See SAP Business One to Believe it!
With integrated accounting, CRM, inventory management, and warehouse management, your business can maximize performance. Call us today to schedule your web demonstration of this amazing ERP software system.
Free SAP Business One 30 Day Trial
You can try this business management software at no cost or obligation now. Please call Cornerstone Consulting at 813-321-1300 for your 30 Day Free Trial of SAP Business One.
SAP Business One Consulting
Want your growing small or medium business enterprise (SMB and SME) to run better? SAP Business One is designed to make workflow more efficient through out your entire enterprise. We can help you streamline warehouse inventory management with the use of mobile solutions, out-maneuver competitors, improve interactions with each customer, have better solutions for finding new customers, and transform your business with the latest in technology. Looking forward to helping you and your business get to the next level. For immediate answers to questions about SAP Business One sales, support, and services, contact Cornerstone Consulting today at 813-321-1300.
SAP Small Business Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems | SAP Business One Software, Related Services and Tech Support
Why do so many growing Manufacturing, Online Retail and/or Wholesale Distribution businesses located in FL, as well as companies located through out the U.S., rely on Cornerstone for enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, related services and technical support? As an award-winning Top Value Added Reseller and SAP Gold Partner, simply stated, our expertise is unsurpassed. Cornerstone Consulting has been providing state-of-the-art business software systems, as well as related technical support, to small and mid-sized manufacturing and wholesale distribution enterprises for more than thirty years.